Providence, R.I. - Despite holding the Friars scoreless in the first half, the Bryant University women's soccer team dropped their season opener to Providence 4-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Providence 4, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (0-1-0), PC (2-0-0)
Location: Providence, R.I. (Chapey Field)
Coach Bigg's Comments
"We were really excited to get back on the field, it felt like a long time coming, and we're happy for the opportunity to play. The players were excited, the coaches were excited, and we're looking forward to more games this spring".
- After a scoreless first half, Providence stored four unanswered goals to separate themselves from the Bulldogs in the second half.
- 48th minute - PC 1, Bryant 0 - Gallagher kicked in the cross from Hughes to take a one-goal lead.
- 63rd minute - PC 2, Bryant 0 - The Friars sent in a cross to the center of the box, which allowed Kalooski to tap it in past Dalton.
- 72nd Minute - PC 3, Bryant 0 - McNulty launched a shot to the top right corner of the goal for the score.
- 89th Minute - PC 4, Bryant 0 - Adams received a through ball in front of Rinaldi and then riffled it to the left side of the net.
- Meghan Dalton and Jessica Rinaldi each had five saves.
- Corinne Rey and Madeline Labance recorded one shot on goal.
- The Bulldogs are now 0-13-1 all-time against Providence.
The Black and Gold begin conference play in a road contest against CCSU on Tuesday, March 2nd.