Smithfield, R.I. - Amanda Spitaleri of the Bryant Univeristy women's soccer team scored the game-winning goal in the 1-0 victory over St. Francis Brooklyn at Beirne Stadium.
Bryant 1, St. Francis Brooklyn 0
Records: Bryant (2-3-0), SFBK (1-4-1)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Beirne Stadium)
Coach Bigg's Comments
"I'm very proud of our team's effort tonight. We defended well, and I thought our shutout was well deserved. On the attacking end, we've been working to create more clear-cut opportunities to score. I thought we had a couple of good chances in each half and took advantage at the right time".
- Spitaleri scored the only goal of the game in the 73rd minute.
- 73rd minute - Bryant 1, SFBK 0 - Katrina Stangl coraled the throw-in and then sent a pass to the right of the box, which Spitaleri handled and rifled to the left of the goalkeeper for the score.
- Spitaleri scored her first goal of the season and the 11th of her career.
- Stangl recorded her first career assist.
- The Bulldogs registered 12 shots (three on goal).
- Meghan Dalton had five saves.
The Black and Gold will head to Wagner on Friday.