Staten Island, N.Y. - Becca Michaud of the Bryant University women's soccer team scored the first goal of her career in the 1-0 win against Wagner on the road.
Bryant 1, Wagner 0
Records: Bryant (3-3-0), Wagner (0-5-1)
Location: Staten Island, N.Y. (Hameline Field)
Coach Bigg's Comments
"I give our team a ton of credit again today. To drive through the day and play well at night requires a lot of focus and determination. We defended very well in a hard-fought game and created quite a few very good chances to score. In addition to a great team effort, Becca and Meghan both came up with big plays in key moments. Becca's free-kick was incredible, as was Meghan's tip-over save after the ball rebounded from their corner kick to a player on the edge of our box".
- After a Wagner foul, Michaud scored on the free-kick to give the Bulldogs the lead.
- 22nd minute - Bryant 1, Wagner 0 - Michaud rifled a free kick from 20 yards out, which sailed to the right untouched past the Seahawks goaltender.
- Michaud scored her first career goal tonight.
- Meghan Dalton had five saves and recorded her third shutout of the season.
- Abbey Rocker and Lexi Kraemer registered three shots on goal.
- Bulldogs outshot Wagner 13-10.
- Bryant win's its second game in a row and improves to 3-3.
The Black and Gold head to Merrimack on Tuesday.