Smithfield, R.I. - Vanessa Majer of the Bryant University women's soccer team scored the first goal of her career in the 2-1 loss on senior night.
Fairleigh Dickinson 2, Bryant 1
Records: Bryant (3-5-0), FDU (5-3-0)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Beirne Stadium)
Coach Bigg's Comments
"I thought more and, more of our spirit and personality came out as we moved into the later stages of each half, and we created some of the best scoring chances we've had all season. We fought hard to the very end to get back into the game, and the confidence and speed we showed in and around their penalty box and that resulted in our goal was a glimpse of the kind of attacking we're capable of in the future".
- FDU took a two-goal lead in the second half.
- 21st Minute - FDU 1, Bryant 0 - The Knights forward kicked a shot that was deflected, which then was scored by an FDU forward on the rebound.
- 54th Minute - FDU 2, Bryant 0 - FDU scored on a free kick that was blocked and then kicked to the right of the net on the rebound.
- 90th Minute - FDU 2, Bryant 1 - Katie Cronin took the ball to the left side of the net and then sent a pass in front of the goal, which Majer tapped in to cut the lead to one.
- Meghan Dalton recorded four saves.
- Majer scored her first career goal.
- Cronin posted her second assist as a Bulldog.
- Bryant had eight shots on the game.
- The Black and Gold registered three corner kicks.