SMITHFIELD, R.I - Catherine Bean of the Bryant University women's soccer team scored two goals for the first time in her career in the 3-0 defeat of Saint Francis on senior day. Classmate Emma Pedolzky added a goal and an assist of her own.
Bryant 3, SFU 0
Records: Bryant (5-8), SFU (4-8)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Bulldog Soccer Field)
Coach Biggs' Comments
"As the score reflects, our team attacked and defended well today. We were able to turn our possession into goals, and remained focused defensively from start to finish".
- The Black and Gold scored their second goal two minutes into the second half to extend their lead to two.
- 29th minute - Bryant 1, SFU 0 - Pedolzky started the break from the right side and then cut to the middle before she riffled a shot to the top right of the goal.
- 46th minute - Bryant 2, SFU 0 - Pedolzky took the ball on the left side of the field and made a series of moves on the defender before she passed it to the middle of the box where Bean corraled it and shot it between the goalkeeper's legs.
- 82ns minute - Bryant 3, SFU 0 - Katie Cronin led the Bulldog break and sent the ball from the left side of the field to the right. Bean then settled the ball and got away from the Red Flash defender before she shot it past the SFU goaltender for her second goal of the game.
Notes and Notables
- Bean now leads the Northeast Conference in goals (7) and points (17).
- This is Pedolzky's third game with a goal and an assist.
- Kathryn McNeil picks up her second shutout of the season.
The Bulldogs will play their final home game of the season against Merrimack on Thursday.