New Britain, Conn. - The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team fell to the Central Connecticut Blue Devils by a score of 194-99 in a Saturday afternoon meet today.
Coach Keane's Comments
"We came up short today, however, our women executed each race very well. The divers were great on the boards. We have more work to do, but our staff loves how productive we've been and the work the team has been putting in each day."
Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs started the meet with a second-place finish from the team of Julia Stenhård, Alexa Rivera, Elin Svärd, and Laurel Carey (1:48.09).
- The Black and Gold earned a second and third-place finish in the 100 free from Sammi Grenon (11:00.23) and Kelly Tiernan (11:06.21). Grenon also came in second in the 200 fly with a time of 2:14.25.
- Stenhård took home second in the 100 back (1:00.00) and the 100 fly (59.95) and third in the 200 back with a time of 2:10.90.
- Bryant placed third in the 100 breast and 100 fly when Svärd posted times of 1:08.68 and 59.96.
- The reigning NEC Swimmer of the Week, Rivera won the 50 free by touching the wall at 24.29 and placed second in the 100 free (53.49) and 200 IM (2:10.41).
- The Bulldogs ended the meet by claiming third place in the 400 free relay (3:47.53). Erin Doruska, Grenon, Jillian Stevens, and Tiernan earned the time.
- In diving, Gabrielle Ritzer won both the one and three-dives with scores of 177.67 and 186.61. Freshman Rose Cunningham posted scores of 153.75 and 76.88 to earn third place in the same events.
- For full results click here.
The Black and Gold will compete against Rhode Island on Saturday, February 27.