Storrs, Conn. - The Bryant University women's swimming and diving team fell to Boston University by a score of 172.5-114.5 in a Saturday afternoon meet.
Coach Keane's Comments
"Great meet overall! We keep improving each week, seeing faster swims and working towards bigger dives. Things are coming along well and you can see the confidence in our athletes when they step up to race or dive".
Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs started the meet with a third-place finish in the 200 medley relay. Julia Stenhård, Alyvia Beaudion, Elin Svärd, and Alexa Rivera posted a time of 1:47.78.
- The Black and Gold earned a second and third-place finish in the 1000 free from Sammi Grenon (10:49.63) and Kelly Tiernan (10:55.78).
- Stenhård picked up a third-place finish in the 100 back with a time of 59.26 and the 200 back (2:12.59).
- The reigning NEC Swimmer of the Week Rivera won the 50 free (24.34) and 100 fly (57.76). She also tied for second in the 100 free with a time of 53.20. Sara Gendron earned a second-place finish in the 100 fly (1:01.57) and Meghan Donnelly placed third (1:03.72) in the same event.
- Bryant then earned a 1-3 finish from Grenon (4:39.66), Meghan Veenstra (5:03.29), and Faith Gambardella (5:08.05) in the 400 IM.
- In diving, the Black and Gold received a first, second, and third-place finish from Kate Kirves (203.68), Kyri Chambo (202.35), and Gabrielle Ritzer (189.36) in the three-meter dive.
- The Bulldogs ended the meet with a victory and a second-place finish in the 400 free relay. Laurel Carey, Kelly Tiernan, Stenhård, and Donnelly (3:48.46) placed first. Alexandra Heim, Madeline Condon, Gendron, and Rylee Wirtanen earned second with a time of 4:01.23.
- For full results click here.
Bryant will head to Boston University for the last meet of the regular season on March 13.