Homewood, Ala. - The Bryant University softball team fell to Samford on Thursday by a score of 10-2.
Samford 10, Bryant 2
Location: Samford Softball Stadium (Homewood, Ala.)
W | L | S: DeCelles Taylor (2-7) | Gabrielle Ermish (1-6)
Coach French's Comments
"This was one of the toughest days I have ever had in coaching, but I am grateful that we were able to play the game so our 6 seniors could take the field one last time and compete for Bryant. They have given so much to this program and made all of us better people for having been around them. I can't thank them enough for all they brought to this program."
Key Moment vs. Samford
- Samford scored four runs total in the first and third inning.
How it Happened vs. Samford
- The Tigers scored the first run of the game on an RBI single up the middle to take a one-run lead in the bottom of the first inning.
- Samford extended their lead to four on three RBI singles in the bottom of the third inning (4-0)
- Toni Camarillo (Corona, Calif.) hit a single through the infield and then Dakota Bilodeau (Milford, N.H.) hit a two-run home run to cut the Samford lead to two (4-2) in the top of the fourth inning.
- In the next half-inning, the Tigers scored on a wild pitch which led to an RBI single and then a two-RBI triple, which gave Samford a 7-2 lead.
- The Tigers walked in another run while the bases were loaded in the bottom of the fifth inning (8-2).
- An RBI single up the middle gave Samford a 10-2 lead in the bottom of the sixth inning, which ended the game.
Stats vs. Samford
- Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) and Bilodeau both had two hits including a two-run home run from Bilodeau.
- Carlyn Hernandez (Cypress, Calif.) and Camarillo recorded one hit each for the Bulldogs.
- Sarah McKeveney struck out two batters and teammate Ermish had one strikeout.
- This was Bilodeaus second multi-hit game in a row.
- Ermish now has 30 strikeouts on the year.