New Britain, Conn. - Erica Barley of the Bryant Univeristy softball team hit a home run in both games against Central Connecticut. The Bulldogs fell 4-2 and 4-3 in today's games versus the Blue Devils.
Game 1: CCSU 4, Bryant 2
Game 2: CCSU 4, Bryant 3
Location: CCSU Softball Field (New Britain, Conn.)
W | L | S: Game 1: Kari Marks (3-1) | Caroline Paolantonio (0-2)
W | L | S: Game 2: Ashley Antonazzo (3-2) | Jocelyn Bodington (2-7) | Anaya Hunte (2)
Coach French's Comments
- CCSU broke the 2-2 tie in the fourth on a solo home run.
How it Happened (Game 1)
- In the top of the second Aleix Hudson hit a leadoff single and advanced to second on a groundout. Megan Marcel brought in the first run of the game on a single (1-0).
- Central Connecticut tied the game at one with an RBI single in the bottom of the second (1-1).
- In the top of the third Barley hit a solo home run to left-center, which gave the Bulldogs the lead (2-1).
- The Blue Devils tied the game for a second time on a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the third (2-2).
- In the bottom of the fourth CCSU hit a home run to right field (3-2).
- Central Connecticut scored the game's final run in the bottom of the fifth on a sacrifice fly (4-2).
Stats (Game 1)
- Barley hit her first career home run.
- Hudson and Marcel recorded hits. Marcel also had an RBI.
- Caroline Paolantonio and Alexis Clancy both struck out one batter.
Key Moment (Game 2)
- CCSU scored their fourth run of the game on a throwing error in the fourth.
How it Happened (Game 2)
- In the bottom of the first, CCSU hit a two-run home run to right field (2-0).
- Hailey Aspinwall hit a single, and then Hudson brought her in for the score on an RBI double in the top of the third (2-1).
- Central Connecticut hit a sacrifice fly to extend their lead to two in the bottom of the third (3-1).
- In the bottom of the fourth, the Blue Devils scored on a Bulldog throwing error (4-1).
- Morgan Powell hit a leadoff single, which set up Barley, who launched a home run to center field in the top of the fifth (4-3).
Stats (Game 2)
- Barley recorded two RBIs, and Hudson had one.
- Marcel, Powell, and Aspinwall posted one hit.
- Kylie Kenney and Bodington both registered two strikeouts.
- Barley had a home run in each game, which was the first of her career.
- Bryant recorded eight hits today.
- Hudson, Barley, and Marcel posted two hits total.
Bulldogs will stay on the road against Merrimack on Tuesday.