Smithfield, R.I. - The Bryant Univeristy softball team fell to Long Island on Wednesday 6-0 and 11-2 at Conaty Park.
Game 1: LIU 6, Bryant 0
Game 2: LIU 11, Bryant 2
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
W | L | S: Game 1: Tallie Woodson (14-1) | Caroline Paolantonio (0-4)
W | L | S: Game 2: Haley Irvis (9-1) | Alexis Clancy (0-1)
Key moment (Game 1)
- The Sharks scored three runs in the sixth to double their lead.
How it Happened (Game 1)
- In the top of the second, LIU hit an RBI triple to score the first run of the game (1-0).
- The Sharks took a two-run lead on a Bulldog error in the top of the fourth (2-0).
- In the top of the fifth, Long Island hit a solo home run to left-center (3-0).
- LIU scored the final three runs of the game on an RBI single, double, and a sacrifice fly (6-0).
- Dakota Bilodeau, Carlyn Hernandez, Aleix Hudson, Alexandra Hickey, and Caroline Paolantonio all recorded a hit.
- Bilodeau and Hernandez registered a stolen base.
- Caroline Paolantonio stuck out one batter and pitched a complete game.
Key Moment (Game 2)
- LIU added four runs to their lead in the top of the fifth.
How it Happened (Game 2)
- In the top of the second inning, LIU hit an RBI single (1-0).
- Long Island scored four runs on a bases-loaded walk, wild pitch, and a two-RBI single in the top of the third (5-0).
- In the top of the fourth inning, the Sharks added two runs by hitting a single and a groundout (7-0).
- Long Island hit a three-run home run and an RBI double in the top of the fifth to take an 11 run lead (11-0).
- Caroline Paolantonio hit a lead-off double, which was followed by a walk and a single to load the bases. Hernandez then hit an infield single with the bases loaded bringing in two runs in the bottom of the fifth (11-2).
Stats (Game 2)
- Hernandez had a hit and two RBIs.
- Caroline Paolantonio and Hailey Aspinwall produced a hit.
- Kylie Kenney struck out two, and Clancy fanned one.
- Caroline Paolantonio recorded a hit in each game.
- Clancy started the first game of her career.
- The Black and Gold had eight hits today.
Bryant will host Fairleigh Dickinson for a Saturday-Sunday doubleheader series.