SMITHFIELD, R.I - Catherine Bean of the Bryant University women's soccer team scored her fifth goal of the season in the Bulldogs 2-1 overtime loss against Wagner today.
Wagner 2, Bryant 1
Records: Bryant (4-8), Wagner (5-7)
Location: Smithfield, R.I. (Bulldog Soccer Field)
Coach Biggs' Comments
"As a team, we will keep working to improve our consistency as far as finishing our chances and working to better defend free-kicks that can be served into our penalty box. Being a bit better in either of those areas will help us to a different result in a game like this one".
- The Seahawks tied the game in the second half, which sent the game into overtime.
- 4th minute - Bryant 1, Wagner 0 - Kathryn McNeil launched a goal kick that got past the Seahawks defender. Bean then corraled it and went on a fast break, which she finished with a shot to the top right of the goal.
- 74th minute - Wagner 1, Bryant 1 - The Seahawks were awarded a free-kick and shot the ball that just missed a Bryant defender's head, which rolled to the left of the goal.
- 105th minute - Wagner 2, Bryant 1 - Wagner scored the game-winning goal on a free-kick that was headed but saved, and then the Seahawks tapped in the rebound for the goal.
Notes and Notables
- Bean now leads the team with 13 points after today's goal.
- McNeil recorded six saves.
- Bulldogs outshot Wagner 18-12.
The Bulldogs welcome Saint Francis on Sunday for senior day in Smithfield.