SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team opens Northeast Conference play this weekend with a three-game series at Merrimack.
Bryant and Merrimack will play a single game on Saturday before wrapping up the series on Sunday with a doubleheader.
Location: Greater Lawrence Technical School (Andover, Mass.)
Date and Time: Mar. 20 - 1:00 PM | Mar. 21 - 12 PM and 3 PM
Watch: Facebook Live
Live Stats: Sidearm
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #NECBASE
Bryant vs. Merrimack
- Bryant and Merrimack will be meeting for the first time as Division I opponents.
- The two teams were NE-10 rivals until Bryant joined the DI ranks in 2008-09.
- The Black and Gold won each of the final six meetings between the programs.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters NEC play with a 2-7 overall record. The Bulldogs have lost seven straight.
- Bryant was voted the preseason favorite in the NEC this spring.
- The Bulldogs have won eight-straight NEC Regular-Season Championships, the longest streak nationally.
- Bryant has posted a 173-47 (.786) record against NEC opponents during that eight-year stretch.
- All-time, Bryant is 217-66 (.764) in NEC play.
- Liam McGill leads the Bryant offense with a .455 average and a .525 OBP.
- Jake Gustin and Derek Smith are tied for the team lead with three doubles, while McGill has a team-best nine RBI.
- Tyler Mattison, Tyler Schoff and Vito Morgese will make up Bryant's rotation. Mattison has struck out 11 and walked three, Schoff has 18 punch outs and just two walks, while Morgese has an 11-12 career record.