SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's basketball team opens the 2020-21 season on Friday afternoon when it faces Syracuse University in the Carrier Dome. Tip is set for 3:02 p.m.
The game will be televised on ACC Network and ACCN Extra. Fans can catch all the action on the Syracuse Sports Network from Learfield IMG College.
Location: Carrier Dome (Syracuse, N.Y.)
Date and Time: Friday, Nov. 27 – 3 p.m.
Watch: ACC Network
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #KEB1 | #NECMBB
SCOUTING THE ORANGE
A perennial top-25 program, Syracuse is starting its 45th season under hall of fame head coach Jim Boeheim. The Orange return four of their five starters from a season ago, led by Buddy Boeheim and Joseph Girard III. Boeheim averaged 15.3 ppg, while Girard III chipped in 12.4 ppg and 113 assists.
Bryant and Syracuse are meeting for the first time in an official game. The Bulldogs and Orange played an exhibition game on Nov. 1, 2006 when the Bulldogs were at the Division II level. Bryant lost the game 92-86 despite a career-high 33 points from Chris Burns.
WHAT TO KNOW
- The Bulldogs are coming off a 15-win season, the fourth-most in a single season in DI program history.
- Head coach Jared Grasso begins his third season on the Bryant sidelines, having posted a 25-37 record.
- Bryant returns three starters, led by reigning Northeast Conference Rookie of the Year Michael Green III. Green III averaged 9.3 points, 2.5 rebounds and dished out 100 assists.
- He'll be joined by fellow sophomore Charles Pride (8.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg) and redshirt-senior Hall Elisias (7.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 blocks).
- Elisias was one of the best shot blockers in the country last season, posting a DI single-season program record with 78.
- Pride and classmate Luke Sutherland are both Syracuse natives and won Section III championships at the Carrier Dome in consecutive seasons.
- Bryant will welcome nine newcomers - 6 transfers and 3 freshmen - this season.