BOSTON, Mass. – Freshman Kasey Thomas (Easton, Pa.) and junior Christopher Fasano (Lake Grove, N.Y.) finished first in shot put as the Bryant University men's and women's indoor track and field team prepped for the NEC Championships in its final meet of the regular season.
COACH SWIZTER'S COMMENTS
"This was a great way to end our regular season," said head coach Mitch Switzer. "A lot of people stepped up and either PR'd or had season-bests. Tom McNeil and Laura Rizik stood out with huge improvements in the weight throw. We're in a great spot heading into NEC's next weekend."
MEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Both Aidan Smith (Sandwich, Mass.) and Ethan Hayes (Chelmsford, Mass.) set new personal-bests in the 60m. Smith finished third overall with a time of 7.26 while Hayes trailed in 16th with a time of 7.64.
- Sophomore Mark Rubin (Cheshire, Conn.) posted a pair of PRs in both of the events that he competed in at MIT. In the 200m, Rubin finished with a personal-best time of 24.73 before following up with a PR in the 400m with a time of 55.79.
- Junior Josh Pestana (Plymouth, Mass.) was less than a second away from first place in the 400m. Pestana finished with a time of 52.98 which was just barely behind Eastern Connecticut State with a time of 52.20. Kevin Stankiewicz (Weston, Conn.) trailed closely behind in third place with a PR time of 53.52. Senior Cole Hollis (North Smithfield, R.I.) rounded out the top 10 in the race with a season-best time of 56.12.
- The duo of Peter Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) and Peter Theuerkauf (Glen Rock, N.J.) set a pair of personal and season-bests in the 3000m. Sullivan led the Bulldogs in eighth-place with a new PR of 9:32.26 while Theuerkauf set a season-best time of 9:47.16.
- In pole vault, Nicholas Curci (Jupiter, Fla.) set a PR mark of 4.25m finishing fifth overall.
- Two Bulldogs finished in first and second in shot put led by Fasano in first with a 15.23m mark. Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) followed with a season-best throw of 14.70m. Sophomore Samuel Bullock also notched a season-best in the shot put event throwing for 12.18m.
- Thomas McNeil (Foxborough, Mass.) crushed his previous PR of 12.40m in weight throw as he finished ninth overall with a 14.23m mark.
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Freshman Patricia Adesanya (Lowell, Mass.) set personal-bests in both the 60m and the long jump. In the 60m, the rookie finished second overall with a time of 8.08 before leaping 4.80m for a ninth-place finish in long jump.
- In the 1000m, both Jackie Prestininzi (Shrewsbury, N.J.) and Jill Doherty (Bridgewater, Mass.) finished among the top five. Prestininzi set a new personal-best of 3:16.29 in third-place while Doherty crossed the finish line with a PR of 3:25.89 in fourth-place.
- The mile run saw lots of success as Breann Campise (Tolland, Conn.) finished just two seconds behind first-place with a season-best 5:32.11. Caroline Meizen (Douglas, Mass.) trailed in seventh-place with a PR of 5:45.45. Elizabeth Goyette and Kierstin Lock (Salem, N.H.) came in at 13 and 14 as Goyette posted a time of 5:58.45 and Lock set a season-best 6:04.91.
- Freshman Allison Corcoran (Grafton, Mass.) competed in her first 5000m this weekend finishing third overall. The rookie finished with a time of 19:28.65.
- In pole vault action, Shileigh Martinez (North Kingstown, R.I.) set a new personal-best by clearing a height of 3.33m.
- Thomas took home first-place in shot put with a PR 12.49m.
- Laura Rizik (Oradell, N.J.) broke through to 13-meters in weight throw by smashing her old personal-best with a new distance of 13.82m. Thomas also PR'd in weight throw by throwing 13.24m.