SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's and women's track and field team will host both Central Connecticut and Rhode Island this Saturday, March 27. The Bulldogs will also honor 18 seniors, including 12 men and 6 women, before the start of the meet for the McCabe Family Senior Ceremony.
Seniors - Nick Alessandro, Jacob Borgia, Brett Cloutier, Bill Conlan, Jordan Dagrin, Ryan Dumont, Ellie Goyette, Anthony Holloway, Courtney Kelleher, Kierstin Lock, Thomas McNeil, Caroline Meizen, Samuel Sargent, Noah Tellier, Peter Theuerkauf, Joel Urizar, Camryn Wesoloskie, and Amanda Whitham.
Meet: Bryant Tri-Meet
Date: Saturday, March 27
Location: Field events will begin at 11 a.m. followed by track events at 12 p.m.
Competing Teams: Central Connecticut & Rhode Island
Live Results: 802 Timing
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Bryant opened the 2021 outdoor season earlier this month with a women's team win. The Bulldogs topped both LIU and Merrimack which marks the first time that Bryant beat out LIU in a meet on the women's side. The men finished second behind Merrimack.
- In the first meet of the season, the Bulldogs posted 30 new top-10 marks in their all-time record book with 20 from the women's side and 10 from the men.
- Senior Nick Alessandro highlighted the meet when he shattered the javelin record with a 63.71m mark. Alessandro earned NEC Field Athlete of the Week honors for his efforts.
- Along with Alessandro, junior Jason Dolan and freshman Emmett Ruote helped sweep the NEC weekly awards. Dolan earned NEC Track Athlete of the Week for posting two first-place finishes in both the 1500m (3:56.58) and 4x800 (8:00.15). Ruote was named NEC Rookie of the Week as he posted an impressive performance in javelin with a 57.51m mark. The rookie now ranks second all-time behind Alessandro.
- Sophomore Kasey Thomas shined in shotput to kick off the season. Thomas finished first overall with a 12.83m mark for a personal-best. She no ranks second all-time.
- Freshman Jasmine Hope has a successful rookie debut in the 100m. Hope led in first-place with a time of 12.52 and ranks sixth all-time.
- Fellow freshman Ethan Ferraiolo posted two first-place finishes in both the 200m (23.19), and the 400m (50.34).
- William Bittrich led the Bulldogs in the 3000m with a time of 8:44.05. The time ranks him second all-time in Bryant's top-10 record book.
- Freshman Lois Warden led the Bulldogs in pole vault with a first-place finish for her rookie debut. She cleared a height of 3.35m which ranks second all-time.
Thank you to all who named an event for Saturday's meet!
Coach Reinhardt & Roy Lapidus '72 men's 200m
Go Jake Go Men's 400m
Chocolate Milk Women's 400 Hurdles
Ryan Poholek's Birthday Bash Men's 800m (25th Anniversary Edition)
MacSweeney Family Men's 1,500m
Hall of Fame Women's 1,500m
Blake Fenwick '15 Men's 5,000m
Ayres Insurance Agency Women's 5000m
Hall of Fame 2008 Men's 3,000 Steeple Chase
Hall of Fame 2008 Women's 3,000 Steeple Chase
3:17.64 or Bust Men's 4x400m Relay
235 Seconds of Fun Women's 4x400m Relay
Maggie Mae (in honor of Shawn Nassaney) Men's 4x800m Relay
McCabe Family Senior Ceremony