Providence, R.I- The Bryant University women's soccer team will make their season debut against the Providence Friars tomorrow at 1:00 pm. This is the first time in over a year that the Bulldogs will play a regular-season game.
Kickoff: Sunday, February 21 - 1:00 p.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
- The Bulldogs are 0-12-1 all-time against Providence. The two teams last met in 2015, and Bryant fell by a score of 1-0.
Notes and Notables
- The Black and Gold were selected to finish fourth in the Northeast Conference preseason poll.
- The Bulldogs had the best defense in 2019 allowing an NEC best 14 goals.
- Co-NEC goalkeeper of the year Meghan Dalton and All-NEC first-team member Jamie Irwin will be back on defense for their senior seasons.
- 60% of Bryant's offense from last year is returning.
- This is the first game in over a year that the Black and Gold are playing.
About the Friars:
- Providence finished with an 8-9-3 overall record and a 3-5-1 Big East record in 2019.
- The Friars opened the season with a win against URI 2-0.
- Providence scored 18 goals last season.