SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team returns to the diamond this weekend for a pair of games at in-state rival Rhode Island on Saturday and Sunday.
The Bulldogs, who have been off for the last 10 days, will face the Rams in a single game both days. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.
Due to health and safety considerations amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the general population will not be allowed to attend Rhode Island athletic competitions at this time. A limited number of URI students will be permitted.
Opponent: Rhode Island
Location: Bill Beck Field
Date and Time: Mar. 13 - 1:00 PM | Mar. 14 - 1:00 PM
Live Stats: Saturday | Sunday
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #NECBASE
Bryant vs. URI
- Bryant holds a 9-7 lead in the all-time series.
- The Bulldogs and Rams are also scheduled to play on March 23 (at Bryant) and April 7 (at URI).
- Bryant and URI split a pair of meetings in 2019, with the Bulldogs winning 2-0 at Bill Beck Field. URI won at Conaty Park, 16-12.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend at 2-4 overall, having lost four straight.
- The Bulldogs lost a pair of tight decisions at the Coast Carolina Baseball Tournament two weekends ago. They fell to Kennesaw St. 7-6 and lost a heartbreaker to No. 23 West Virginia, 9-7.
- Liam McGill currently leads the Bulldogs and the country in hitting with a .591 average. He's 13-for-22 with a double, two home runs and seven RBI on the year.
- Jake Gustin is hitting .375 with two doubles, a home run and five RBI, while Matt Woods has four runs scored and three stolen bases.
- On the mound, Bryant has posted a 4.41 team ERA, striking out 46 and walking just 20.
- Tyler Schoff, the starter on Sunday, has struck out 13 and walked just one in 11.0 innings.
- Kevin Gould and Liam LeVangie have combined for 13.1 innings of scoreless relief. They have walked four, struck out 12, and allowed just six hits.