SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team opens an eight-game spring break trip with a three-game series at the University of Maryland. Bryant and Maryland open their series on Friday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
Location: Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium (College Park, Md.)
Date and Time: Mar. 6 – 4:00 p.m. | Mar. 7 – 2:00 p.m. | Mar. 8 – 1:00 p.m.
Watch: Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Audio: Maryland Baseball Network
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Game Notes: Bryant | Maryland
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #NECBASE
Friday – Tyler Mattison (0-2, 6.00) vs. Sean Fisher (2-1, 6.14)
Saturday – Tyler Schoff (0-3, 7.90) vs. Nick Dean (0-1, 5.65)
Sunday – Will Treuel (0-2, 6.75) vs. Sean Burke (1-0, 1.62)
Bryant will go with the junior trio of Tyler Mattison (Fort Ann, N.Y.), Will Treuel (Wolfeboro, N.H.) and Tyler Schoff (Lee Center, N.Y.) for the second-straight week. The order will switch up as Schoff will get the ball on Saturday and Treuel will start Sunday's series finale.
Bryant vs. Maryland
- Bryant and Maryland are meeting for the fifth time in the last seven seasons.
- The Terps own a 10-2 lead in the all-time series.
- Bryant's two victories have come in 2016 and 2018. In 2018, three Bryant pitchers combined on a one-hitter in a 7-3 victory.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend at 2-8 overall after getting swept at Virginia Tech last weekend.
- Bryant's spring break trip opens in Maryland and also includes a pair of midweek games at Western Carolina and a three-game set at N.C. Central.
- Bryant currently ranks 24th nationally with 2.00 stolen bases per game.
- Senior James Ciliento (Mahwah, N.J.) went 6-for-12 with a double, triple and three RBI at Virginia Tech and is hitting a team-high .314 with seven RBI.
- Junior Shane Kelly (Sewell, N.J.) hit his first home run since last April in game one of Sunday's doubleheader and is hitting .297 with six RBI.
- Graduate student Mason Palmieri (Lincoln, R.I.) has allowed just five runs on eight hits over 14.2 innings this season. He's walked six and struck out 16.
Scouting the Terrapins
- Maryland enters the weekend at 7-4 following a midweek victory over Delaware.
- The Terps are hitting .241 as a team and have a 4.64 team ERA.
- Maxwell Costes is hitting .400 with three HRs and eight RBI.
- Sunday starter Sean Burke, high school teammates of Matthew Stansky, has struck out eight batters in each of his first three starts.